Friday, September 15, 2006

Interrail Trip 2006

Hi everyone! I know, it’s been a while since last I updated my blog. Anyways, I’m in Canada already at the Pearson College.
About the Interrail trip; it was loads of fun! I actually got to see more of my abroad-living friends and relatives rather than actual sightseeing, but nevertheless it was a very interesting trip with a lot of new things to see. I started of with Marly to Frankfurt, Germany. There we split up and I went on to Cologne. It was Kermis time, which is an annual festival in Germany. Rides, festival tents and fun-races are made there (as can be seen on the pics). It was really nice to experience.
Then I went went to the Netherlands. I got to visit my sister and my 2 nephews who live in Amsterdam. I stayed there for a few days and got to see the cities Harlem and Amsterdam. Shopping is really fun there.. haha. Loved the boat trip through the canals of Amsterdam too.
Then I travelled back to Germany, to Bochum. Bochum is a neat city in the northwest of Germany. I stayed there for the weekend and toured around the city. There was a wonderful park of which I was so fascinated, that I ended up making so many pictures of it.. :) I also visited an online friend who happened to be in the hospital at that time, but it was a minor thing, so no worries there.
After that I travelled back to Austria to unload a few things and I spent the night there (it actually took me a whole day from Germany to Austria via train!). And then I went to Switzerland, Zürich to be exact. I toured around and unluckily the weather wasn’t too sunny, but fortunately not really rainy either. I met up with old school friends of mine from my days back in the UAE. It was really loads of fun and they showed me around. Finally, I travelled back from Zürich back to Austria which also took me a whole day. I left out Denmark since it was too costly in any case, but that wasn’t such a bad idea in my opinion..
And as short as this column may have been, those were 16 days of Interrail! :) I got to make a couple of pics (just click on the Pictures-link).
But anyways, now a post on my flight to Canada will commence which followed just a couple of days after I had arrived from my Interrail vacation.
Cheers, Chris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home